Sunday, July 8, 2012

"Hot Daze"

How'ya doing there comrades. Me I'm sick as a dawg again. I think I went, and got that heat exhaustion thing. Remember, like I had at the Coney Island Mermaid's Parade last summer.

Speaking of which this years Parade was a Police, Heat, and Over Crowded Disaster. The Cops were busy fucking folks up. Shoving, cursing, and generally menacing the no longer happy crowd. They were full of bad vibes, and fucked up the whole day.

That the heat, and overcrowding blew the whole scene to hell.

I blame the Parade managers, and cops. Hey assholes there's a million folks that come to this thing ya might wanna get your act organized before ya has a beach Apocalypse on your hands. Anyway I went home early. However my dear pals stayed, and later had a good time in the surf. Good for them!

Where was I, ..right sick again.

Yuck. Well I freely emptied my body at both ends so I'm ready for a refill. Other than a headache, shakes, and dizziness I'm fine,..no really.  Word to the wise,..when the combination of humidity, and temps make it 100+ drink lots of liquids. Even if ya don't feel like it,...you'll be glad ya did!

Btw the weather wonks on local TV put some digital thing on the pavement in Union Square downtown. In direct sunlight the asphalt temperature went after a time went to 141f degrees!!!!!!!
The announcer/presenter said this was not unusual.  ???!!! Apparently direct sun on a city street or stone surface can give temps like this in summer. No wonder cold blooded lizards like sleeping on rocks.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment