Saturday, April 19, 2014

"Cloudy Evening Downtown"


 I felt fit as a fiddle this evening so hobbled out, and about my 'Hood for a bit. It's been a very long winter in these parts. Hell we even had snow, and ice the other night, and early morning.

Still the day-time is warmer so as I said I'm going to go on long constitutionals again. Taking snap shots as I do. Btw I go a new camera, but am still figuring out how to use the damned thing. Till then it's my old banged up slightly out of focus Sony.

Well it was late, and cloudy so the images are a bit dull, but you get the idea of what's going on. Just another evening in the Emerald City. Don't worry I'm taking my assorted meds getting a bit of exercise, and eating veggies. So it looks like I'm going to be around for a while.

'Been eating a lot of Vietnamese food. Swell stuff that. Good thing we lost the War or there wouldn't be all these ex-South Vietnamese folks running around town to start up these neat eateries.

History can be funny that way.

Anyhow their stuff matches my new diet perfectly...swell dumplings!  My blood sugar is down from 300+ which only Hershey bars, and dead people have to 162. Normal is around 120 so there's a-ways to go yet. Also my kidneys ain't blown a gasket yet the weight is dropping, and I ain't going blind.

All in all more or less good news.

Oh, but my gawd what I'd do for a rack of ribs or a jumbo box of cream puffs!!  As it is I can have small treats every several months. So I want cake with whipped cream for my birthday this summer. I'll take close ups of it, and post the creamy delight here when that happy day comes!

So other than having my guts implode the other night I'm swell.

Stay Tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better! And that you've found some decent food your system can handle.

    You're telling me we lost the war in Vietnam? Funny how the gummint never got around to mentioning that.

    Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was in all the papers..you remember? Surly you recall the screaming headlines of the day...

    "WAR LOST"

    "DECADE OF HORROR FOR NOTHING!"

    "GREAT SOCIETY DOWN THE CRAPPER FOR THIS WORTHLESS SHIT!"

    "A GENERATION DIVIDED, BUTCHERED AND MAIMED FOR NOTHING"

    "COMMIES KICK YANKEE BUTT BIG TIME!"

    Oh wait a minute those headlines didn't happen. We went directly into the Seventies put on platform shoes, and did a lot of Cocaine. ...a whole fucking lot.

    As for me I'm a Vietnamese dim-sum eat'n fool these daze...yum!!

    ReplyDelete