Sunday, September 15, 2013

"A Late Summer Evening's Walkabout"





























Well here's another pictorial of my ongoing constitutionals about our wondrous Emerald City. Btw I have to get a new,..and very very cheap camera. I dropped mine, and now all the images are ever so slightly out of focus.

Other than that my retirement life rolls merrily along.

The thing is I was really sick for a few days..yuck! It was a very busy week for me. Which I think is what brought the yucky stuff on.

Many important errands regards my new situation. Meetings to go to papers to sign all that. Plus my walks which I insist on for my sanity, and pleasure.

Yes thank the G-ddess there are many nice things. I see dear friends much more often. I'm out in the population meeting folks talking, and generally having a swell time. I love the tourista's  they're loads of laffs, and the boys are cute.

Thing is my former profession along with my various emotional problems kept me prisoner for decades. My depression, and anxiety worked hand in glove with my engineer's insane hours to keep me imprisoned.

I was able to hide for decades.

My extreme work schedules combined with my nuttiness gave me a life sentence of isolation.   A social, and public life was actually impossible. When I entered retirement it's as if my inner self took over, and tossed me out the door to experience real life,...every day!

So now I'm making up for lost eons by meeting, and chatting up folks face to face. Mind you I'd been doing this for actual decades on the radio. However once removed...you can't see who you're talking to, and can end all connections by pushing a button. 

It's very different in 'real' life.

I'm a solitary person by nature, but have lived an isolated life. They're not the same. Not nearly. I'm still a very private, and solitary soul, but one that is now fully in the world.

Umm..fully?  Okay mostly.

Hence my daily walks,...when I'm not barfing, and crapping myself to death.

Btw thanks for listening I used to pay a shrink real money to put up with all this noise.

Where was I,...right. I was sick as a dog, but this evening felt a tad better. So I kicked myself out of bed, and went walking. 

That's the ticket cures all that ails ya!

It's nice tonight. It's one of the first fall-like evenings so everybody on the street getting in the very last licks of summer. 

Alot of smiles laughing weirdness happy babies, and kiddies. 'And there I was happily swimming in that great tide of humanity.

How did William Burroughs put it "Wild Boys", "....he was happy as a fag at a boy scout's jamboree."

Yep that was me alright.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment