Thursday, September 12, 2013

"What's Left"



 


Well here's what's left of my family. It's been a hell of a ride. That's me in the top two photos. Assorted deceased cousins, and siblings in the bottom grouping. There's my Grandpa in top right. Cousin James top left.  He's gone. 

Jimmy was killed in the 1960's by either the Nation of Islam, then the Black Muslims, or the FBI. The family to this day doesn't know which. He was a young journalist, and got too close to something.

Second row is me future Peacenik Queer layabout, and general trouble maker. Next there is my cousin Henry, and my brother John. They were both paratroopers in the Vietnam conflict. Both gone now.

Third row is my cousin Sandra she's gone..bad kidneys. Cousin Darryl is still here..retired cop. Last there is my dear sister Sylvia. She's still very much still here, and a State Commissioner...happy to have when in a jam!

That's all there is. More tomorrow.

Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment