Sunday, September 15, 2013

"The Man Who Could Work Miracles"


About 40,000 years ago when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old I saw two British fantasy films on morning TV.  Eh this when pretending to be sick so to get out school. Anyway the film as best I can remember was probably on channel 5 after Sandy Becker with  his puppets, and cartoons.

Anyway these flicks "The Shape of Things to Come", and "The Man Who Could Work Miracles" both based on H.G. Wells stories had a profound effect on my budding sense of reality.

This stuff helped me become a weirdo. It was a good counter weight to the seriously Bizzaro World cosmology those deranged Nuns were just starting to indoctrinate me with.

"Miracles" was swell. It had everything one needed to deconstruct the bullshit they were feeding me at school. There were cynical g-ds fucking with humanity. Oblivious proles going about their blind boring lives. Then into all this the gawds decide to give limitless power to some poor sap just to see what happens.

If that Jesus stuff was true it probably would have gone down as in this film...complete disaster. Well okay that stuff is a total disaster anyway, but ya gets my point.

If ya got nothing to do watch these films. They'll be a test when I come back in a few days.

Stay Tuned.

6 comments:

  1. Creature Features is the true cosmology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're okay Sidney. Let us know how it's going.

    Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on Z. We want to know how you are Sidney. Bring us up to date even if it's just some short note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Creature Features" channel 11 Saturday nights!

    ...those were truly the daze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi gang yes I fine. Going somewhat nuts trying to find something to do with my life, but okay.

    Like I sez I may not post so often anymore, but I still loves ya all, and I'm still breathing. Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete