Sunday, April 14, 2013

"Da Fuck?!!"

I just filed my taxes,...with the serious help of my dear pal Nurse Pickles, and the Rt. Rev. R.P.Martin. Swell folks them. Anyway seems the government owes me some dough. Dough which I will 'lose' because I owe for a few back years.

Swell.

Evil bastards. Like our lives ain't fucked up enough as it is. Don't get me started. Bad enough that I just found out that I'm 'not' poor, but in fact Middle Class?!!  

When did that happen?! 

I went to get some of that "entitlement" stuff that the Tea Party wants to take away from the poor homeless, and destitute. Hey I've been to all those stops so I figured why not get a helpful hand from my beloved government.

I thought some food stamps, and perhaps help with the rent. That stuff is there to help us working stiffs in rough times or so I thought. So I goes 'round to the Feds to get my cut only to be told "...hit the road Jack! You're way too posh for any help!"

???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the lady looked at all my stuff, and said "...sorry you make some thousands too much for any official assistance."

????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said "I'm poor as hell" I'm "working poor". Yeah she said, "and so am I." The guy at the next desk chimed in ..."me too." She explained that although years ago when these programs were started it was to help working people. Today it's only for "the absolutely destitute."

"If you lose your job, and your home we may be able to do something. However there are no current programs for people in your income bracket." I laughed, "...but I'm poor." She insisted "...not by your W2 form, and your other documents you're middle class."

Imagine my surprise. 

She suggested I try to get a part time job to supplement my income that's what most do. Swell. Eh I don't think so. The days of my working six or seven days a week are long past me. On top of that I'd lose half the income from a p/t gig to taxes. That's how the vultures set it up.

Hey I'm an old guy now, and need to sleep watch TV, and read crappy novels. Oh yeah I need to eat too.

Geez if only Obama had been elected. 

Stay Tuned.

3 comments:

  1. That bites big time.

    Part of the problem may be living in Manhattan. If you lived upstate in the boonies you could live better on less, but then how'd you get to work? To say nothing of being bored in the boonies. The most desirable zones of the west coast are also outrageously overpriced. We live in a usurocracy for sure.

    Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention there's also lots of stealth inflation. Have you noticed how much smaller a can of Campbell's soup is than it used to be? Or a Mars Bar? Or how much shoddier and quick to break are consumer goods like,say, umbrellas or can openers that never get any cheaper and aren't even made in the USA any more? We're getting screwed from more ends than one.

    Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I've noticed that slow inflation on common items when shopping. They inch up month by month. Also true the handy stuff we need never gets cheaper, and breaks faster.

    Humm..stealth inflation indeed.

    Okay that settles it. We 'need' to have a revolution. Bleep the culture wars. When it gets hard to buy a pound of salami, and a can of soup it's time to set up the barricades!

    Oh dammit what a mess.

    'Course that always respond to these gripes with "...Hey buster you 'could' be in some third world hell hole waiting for the water truck that got hijacked, and ain't ever coming. So shut up!"

    So far that does the trick in this country. So far, but maybe not for much longer

    ReplyDelete