Friday, April 5, 2013

"Noise"

I've been on the radio since the Carter administration. Actually strictly speaking since the Johnson administration if you count my university studio daze. Anyway this noise always came natural to me. Me, and a mic just work is all. No surprise what with my family or part of it having a tradition for being in show biz.

(See the video further down "My Family" a short award winning douc. by my dear sister Sylvia.)

Here's the the point I'm after. Over the centuries I've found that the programs or episodes of my show, lately called "Saturday Morning w/the Radio On".  

(wbai.org)

 I've found  that show's I do serious research for. That I sweat blood over fall flat. I get responses like, "...oh yeah I think I heard that show of yours. You were a little off were you ill?"

Swell.

However when I stumble into the station, and crawl up to the mic, and just rant rave, and play weird music the whole damned world raves! Go figure. The "ON AIR" light goes on, and I start foaming like those guys in the subway that are trying either mug you or convert you to some demented religion.

Folks love it.

So every week I have no real idea kinda sorta what the hell is going to happen. Well okay there are some standard "files" on the show. Of course the Queer files, evil politicians, the fucked up City services the end of the world dolls history stupid movies, and the assorted stories I write, and torture the audience with. 

Mostly though it's just my 63 years of stumbling around the planet, and the shit I learned while doing so.

Btw I have 17 listeners well okay 12, and management doesn't care about me or what the fuck I do. The advantage of nobody listening as I love to say on the air is that, "I can do whatever the bleep I want." ...and do.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment