Friday, April 12, 2013

I thought it would be nice to have a few Queer moments. I'm mostly retired from all this happy noise, but sometimes I like to remember. Actually it was a fucked up mess. A fun mess, but fucked up too. 

I'm from them gleeful pre-Stonewall daze. 

Nobody was inviting us to the White House nor did we have sitcoms. I remember in my happy teen years being in a raid on a Queer cafe on Cornelius street in the West Village. That's back when it was a Queer Ghetto. In these enlightened times book stores, and Queer 'hoods are passe.

Oh Brave New World how totally full of Shit you are.

Still I'm amazed at what only 45 years of bleeding did. Well actually it's centuries, and centuries, but I'm too tired to do a Queer history rant. Suffice to say we been at this a long time. 

I'm not crazy about the mainstreaming. Alot of perverts got kicked out of the party to get all this surface acceptance. I'm a pervert. Word to the wise. We could lose all this stuff in a blink so watch ya backs,...get da picture?

Good,...now go out, and play.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I so agree. If we did lose this stuff in a blink would you and I miss it? We ain't got that much to lose, it seems to me, politically speaking.

    Tomorrow I'm going out to play sure enough.

    Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play indeed! My thoughts shall be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so I went to this Greek recon ritual thing at the beach. The wind was practically gale force and the sand was like thousands of tiny bullets stinging your face. One man was knocked over by the force of the wind. So we relocated to another beach. The officiating magus was hours late and by the time he arrived we were freezing our asses off and starving. Then things finally got under way and we lit some fires and happily a feast is traditionally a part of these things. Ritual libations and imbibing of wine are also part of the deal. I got home long after dark but fairly satisfied.

    Zaek

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - A very cute lad was there then present and had a cut on his naked big toe. O what heavy duty it was for Uncle Zaek to fetch him some band aids and dab his toe with some handy sanitizer and carefully tenderly apply said band aids to the injured extremity. The things we will do when duty calls!

    Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I know it must have been an inconvenient burden, but you're to be commended for your thoughtful action. Now excuse me while I go out to buy some band aids, and antiseptic. "Be Prepared" as a certain Homophobic organization sez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well fetching the band aids did involve stepping out from behind a sheltering cliff and into the teeth of the gale for a couple of hundred yards to the commissary. The sanitizer I had with me. As for his foot, I would have liked to kiss it better, but alas there are limits. Z.

    ReplyDelete