Thursday, February 19, 2015

"Bob the Bunny",...War



Bob just gave me some shots of him, and his dear pal G.I. Joe in Afghanistan back in 2004. It was a backwater War at the time, but hot enough for our heroes.

Here we see Bob. Corespondent for the "Fictional Characters News Service" trying to find out what the bleep was happening on the ground in that half forgotten weird war.

As you can see G.I. Joe saved Bobs fluffy tail a few times when the shit came down. They're Bud's for life as only Combat can cement friendships.

Bob doesn't talk about the War much. He just sez, "...I wrote my copy, and emailed it in. That's all I have to say."

"PTSD" affects everyone that's ever seen combat be they human or fictional beings. It's rough, and takes years of kindness, and patients to heal.
Still I grieve for my friend when I hear him calling out, and weeping at night.

War sucks for everybody. Fluffy hand puppet or 18 year old recruit.

**++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++**

 In many ways this is the most serious "Bob" episode I've ever done...

It was part of the topic of my meeting with my shrink a few days ago. It covered my feelings about violence cruelty loneliness being used up no idea what to do now..all that. Also loyalty to, and from friends. Such as Bob, and G.i. Joe in this war episode. 

The image of Bob as a weary war corespondent below matches my weariness of years of on air life or life in general. 

For me this was more an auto-bio piece than anything else.


The above image of "Bob" is when I am now. Bob's look is my look. Bob's weariness is also mine his loss is mine. The way abuse victims act out the crimes against them with dolls. I seem to have unconsciously copied.

Stay Tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment