Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Rainning in my Living Room"

My dear upstairs  neighbors a swell Mexican family had a giant flood in their bathroom that rained down on my cute little apartment. Mama filled the tub for her little girl, but couldn't turn the water off. So the water just kept coming, and coming She apparently didn't know about the shutoff  under the sink.

...oops!

Comrades take stock of your home. Know how everything works! You'll be glad you did, and so will the folks downstairs. So imagine my surprise when I came home to find the aftermath of a Niagara Falls event in my digs.  

Arrrggg! I'm so careful about keeping my space tidy too.

Anyway I'm having the owners fix stuff. Ha! That should take six months. What I'm really going to do is plaster, and paint the damaged area myself. That, and deduct the cost from this month's rent. That's how it's done in the big city.

My dear neighbors, (name withheld),..ahem. Anyway they brought down a yummy chicken, and rice Tex-Mex bowl for me as a consolation prize . I told ya they was swell folks. I just mentions all this because I wanna show that even in the general static of life in Hell there's nice folks, and nice things.

My next project is getting a new N.Y. State i.d, and a Passport. This should be interesting. I kinda needs one'a them things. I plan a European adventure this fall if I'm still breathing. More on that later.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. You're lucky in having nice neighbors. One of my housemates has in her absentmindedness caused a similar flooding event on two or three occasions in the past dozen years. Unfortunately our downstairs neighbor was not so understanding as you. She is an evil laundress from Hong Kong whom I used to refer to as Her Dowager Majesty, which I admit was a teensy bit racist of me. But matters have devolved to the point that I now call her Shitbrain, which is much more PC.

    I hope you get the passport soon, and enjoy the pleasure of international travel before the next war or economic catastrophe makes that unfeasible. Are you planning on going to Paris and stalking Charlie?

    Zaek

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Are you planning on going to Paris and stalking Charlie?"


    ....YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U coudda have bottled it, Sydney, and made it triple helix— that's how premiums are made! —Agent A

    ReplyDelete