Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blizzard Nemo hit the town! Umm maybe not as big as what Boston got, but big enough. I had fun being out at about 2:00 am at the height of the Storm. It was a white out! One couldn't see, but a few feet ahead. Yep it was my kind of snow event!

Well okay one complaint. It was wet snow. Not the nice dry kind that's like fine crystals.

'Never mind..I love the snow! Thanks to climate change we don't get it as often nor as much as in the old days. Still when we do  I have a swell time. Yeah I'm mindful of them that are homeless or left in danger after Sandy. So this is a bit of a guilty pleasure,...my respects of those comrades in tough situations.

Still I did as I've been doing in recent years, and took scientific samples of the precipitation. I have small Tupperware samples of the Blizzards of 2009, and 2011. 2012 was a very warm, and snow-less winter. Indeed we had an actual 'heatwave' during it. It got over 80f in some places. Climate change. Anyway now I'll add snow from the Blizzard of 2013 to my little freezer collection.

We all have our little joys. Mine is opening these things up during heat waves, and experiencing just a touch of winter. 

Ahhhhhh! 

Hints of snow drifts, and crisp winds during the steamy months in which our beloved Emerald City roasts in Hell.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun Sidney. Nice photos, too. Opening up bottles of vintage snowstorms treasured in your freezer when Summer sizzles so you can fry eggs on the sidewalk is a very Ray Bradbury thing to do.

    Zaek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is life in the Future. Here I am sharing personal bullshit on the Memory Alpha collective planetary data matrix. That, and saving specimens of the passing seasons as I do.

    The 1948 Bradbury would completely understand.

    I'm working on a way to capture the smell of Autumn leaves, and late fall rain. I wanna put that jazz into a Tupperware jar too.

    ReplyDelete