Friday, June 7, 2013

"Senior Moment"

 I feel like a sailor in a battered raft after escaping a convoy ship that just took five torpedoes. Rough seas on top of that.

'But I'm alive to tell the tale.

Hard times my dear comrades. Madness flames, and Hell all about.

However we stand fast. We do this because there's nothing else to do. I feel terror sadness rage, and confusion all the time. It won't shut off.

I was so exhausted when I came home last night that I had waking dreams. Actual dreams proceeded before me while awake. "Fascinating" as Spock would say.

Btw I went, and saw that new "Trek" film. Loud noisy, and mercifully quick. The main thing about it was that the youngstser at the counter gave me a "Senior" discount ticket...didn't even ask if I wanted one. I guess I just look the part now.

This was my 'first' senior event.

My first senior ticket. Well well. So my Medicare life begins. That's good I think. 

More when I'm awake.

Stay tuned.








3 comments:

  1. Btw even with the Senior discount it was 'still' $16.00 bucks to get in to see this mess.

    Okay it wasn't that bad, but it ain't my generation's Trek!

    To tell ya how aged I am I remember when the Saturday matinee was .45 cents, and you could stay 'all' day!

    Back in the 1970's when it went to five buck I thought that's it no one will ever go to the movies again.

    What pay a fortune just to see a movie,...never.

    Well we've seen where it's all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What really chaps my hide about movies these days is the way theaters force a paying audience to watch ADS, fer fucksakes. And younger audiences are so brainwashed they can't imagine things operating any other way. I've lost all interest in going to movies. I prefer to wait for the vid. Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah mostly the same here. However a few times a year I figure a class trip is in order.

    Anyway wait for the video of the "Trek" film. In fact wait till it hits the $5.00 cut out bin which is all it's worth.

    "World War Z" which will be nothing whatever like the book,...other than the title. May draw me out again.

    This time for free. A comrade has invited me to the local premier.

    I'll let you know if it's a stinker or not.

    ReplyDelete