Sunday, June 2, 2013

"Nijinsky"


“Nijinsky”

 ( I wrote this a long time ago it's one of my fav's.  So here I inflict it on you again.)

 I love Nijinsky. As a youth I read everything I could find on him. I longed over the historic photos that survived. It isn’t that I wanted to be a dancer it’s just that his story, his strange, wonderful, painful life spoke to me.

Touched the very center of my Soul.

Perhaps It’s good that we’re separated by half a world, and now more than a century of apocalyptic history. Otherwise I would have followed him about.

If I were 15 0r 16 had access to a time machine, and could speak French, Russian, and German I’d be his stalker.

Plot for a short story there.

A Queer colored teenager from the 21st century pursues the object of his confused needs. All this amid the intrigues of 1911 Moscow.

I can see it now, Romola, Nijinsky’s long suffering wife sits me down in my hearts desires study. She pours me mint tea.

“…young man”

“You must understand my husband is very busy.”

Steam curls above my cup.

“His work is very important, and he can’t be disturbed”

“I just want to see him for a moment” I say.

“Please, I just want to look into his eyes”

“To see his soul”

“I must understand him”

“I wish the same, said Romola,…so do we all that love him.”


That's as far as I take this dream. How to explain to Romola my time machine becoming a lad again or Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment