Thursday, January 19, 2017

"Saints Preserve Us!"



Saint Dominic Savio above there is perhaps the only Saint other than Walt Whitman that I would have really liked to have been close friends with. Not just because he seemed to be insanely cute.

These are idealized paintings after all. He probably was just a regular looking kid. As for Walt Whitman I would have happily cooked, and washed for him.

Saint Dominic was the main squeeze of Saint Don Bosco a very Spiritual 19th century priest, and general do-gooder. He, and Dominic were by a reading of the accounts "Soul Mates".  

In that they were both touched by what rural Black folks down South still call the "Shine". Which means they had the "Seeing". The ability to sense deep spiritual realities. What some call "Miracle Making".

I'm familiar with this blessing in having met two people with it, and have a very very light touch of it myself.  Indeed we 'all' have a touch if we would open ourselves to it.

As a young Queer lad I did.

Being a young Queer boy in the 50's, and early 1960's. I had no one, and nowhere to go, but inward. I was amazed at what I found there! Sometimes it still speaks to me 

Though not as when  was young. 

It's a fire you have to tend, and I stopped. The world it's brutalities, and my own fears smothered it for many years...though as I say it seems to be sparking again. 

As for our heroes Saint's Don, and Dominic some joked...including me that they spent many hot times together on their knees...ahem.

They certainly did. However those passionate walks to the woods I now am certain were not for  steamy hanky panky...pity. They were 'actually' in "Spiritual Communion" with realms most can never imagine.

Imagine!


So yeah I'd loved to have sat had tea meditated, and perhaps kissed Saint Dominic on his brow with chaste affection. As  I would have Saint Whitman. 


Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment