Sunday, August 11, 2013

"Happy Trails"



Well it's 6:02 am I just went off shift for the last time at WBAI radio, wbai.org. My last engineering shift for an institution that I love dearly. Goddess Bless all the souls I had the honor to know, and work with. 

Thirty four, and a half years behind the mic, and board. I had a ball. Now to collect my vast severance watch TV sleep a lot, and generally enjoy my retirement...NOT! 

I've been thoroughly fucked over like everybody else. Still it was a hell of a ride!! 

"SO LONG, AND THANKS FOR THE FISH!"

Btw here I am up there on my last day in harness at Wbai. Yep the voice behind the screen. Aw gee. Nevermind some of us are having a party later on next week. That, and I've been invited to a Bar-B-Q by the opera show I engineered. So we eat drink, and watch the game!

4 comments:

  1. Btw besides showing my advanced age in the pixs I'd also be up, and working for 30 hours or so. They squeezed every drop out of me to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're laying you off with some kinda crappy severance? That bites the big one! And they've been accustomed to working you in 30 hour shifts? No wonder you were snorting that white stuff back in the day. Sounds like a Sillycon Valley company that drives its employees to the edge of collapse, then goes belly-up and dumps them (this happened to a friend of mine). You deserve better Sidney!

    Zaek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but the joke's on them I've been stealing paper clips all this time!

    Yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm sorry to hear that you're off the air. My condolences really. But, 34.5 years worth of paper clips... Man what a chain you could make!

    ReplyDelete