Friday, July 19, 2013

"102f"

Yep 102f on the streets of the Emerald City today. Btw in full disclosure yesterday I said it was 130f in direct sunlight. 

I exaggerated a tad there. 

I took some measurements today at the Uncle Sydney Weather Lab. Turns out it's 'only' 112f. Well that's a relief here I was getting all nuts about the end of the world.

Sunblock comrades, and plenty of it! That, and a pinch of salt in your glass of ice water or martini. 

Hydration is the ticket. 

A salty vodka martini for your older pals as well. Look in on them swell folks, and make sure they're okay.

Make them use their air conditioners if they have'em. If not take them home to your place for that if 'you' have one. Funny thing about older folks. Them that came up before climate control was common so don't believe in it.

My dear, but now departed older relative Tempy was old school. She'd close the windows of her house around dawn to keep the cool night air inside. This was how it was done back in the day. 1940's or so.

Unfortunately with climate change there 'is' no cool night air. It's steamy 24 hours a day during these new sort of heatwaves. So I'd go over to make sure she had the a.c. on, and was drinking ice water.

It was a joke between us. She always said she was fine without that contraption which was just for lazy rich folks anyway. I finally convinced her that her dog "Missy" needed it that did the trick

A.C. for "Missy" the dog,...and Tempy as collateral benificiary.

How I loves, and misses them both.

I still have the reflex to go look in or her even though she left us years ago. "Missy" couldn't live without her. She just would lay outside Tempy's bedroom waiting for her to come home.

One morning dear "Missy" didn't wake up.

Like I sez *Dogs are sentient, and full of love. More later as I hydrate myself.

*( Cats though sentient are another matter entirely.)


Stay Tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment