Sunday, July 14, 2013

"From the Editor"


Alright so I have this "thing" for Faeries, and the Clavichord.  It's a victimless crime. Umm, a "Class-C" misdemeanor I think. Sort of like eating a whole box of cookies while on a couch watching something stupid on TV. 

Editors Note:

You may have noticed I've been posting at an insane rate for the last few daze. Hey sue me. Some of it is new, but a bunch from my archives from past blogs I did.  

You know how it is when you get stuff out of storage, and it all seems like new crap. It's swell! A great balm for writers block. Just post your old stuff. 

To new fans the material is all 'new', and to old comrades it a trip down memory lane,...win/win.

Anyway loves ya all, and I'll be back in a day or two.

Be nice to each other.

*Almost forgot.

Hello to all my readers in Russia! There seems to bunch of you folks tuning in. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Faeries are great. Just ask George Macdonald, or Harry Hay. Me, I have a thing for the Harpsichord. Love the crisp dry sound of those plucked strings, played with fire by Ralph Kirkpatrick or Wanda Landowski.

    Zaek

    P.S. - I wish a few more readers besides me would give Sidney some responses. We don't want him to get lonely. Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zaek, glad to oblige. All the more so when a Wanda Landowska lover makes the request. Don't sell George Malcolm short. He did a great interpretation of the Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue which almost equals that of Landowska.

    Hey Sidney! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I wants my good, and loyal subjects to praise me, and carry me around in a sedan chair while semi-nude boy scouts spread rose pedals before me.

    That, and a New Orleans Jazz Band playing appropriate tunes as we go.

    Is that 'too' much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked up the George Malcolm number on Yootube. Yep, it's good.

    The album that turned me on to the harpsichord was Kirkpatrick's take on Bach's English Suite no. 2. I still have the vinyl packed away, but - alas! - no turntable.

    Sidney, would the Preservation Hall Hazz Band suffice for your Queer Scout Parade?

    Z.

    ReplyDelete